On May 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Education issued its final rule amending the Title IX regulations (34 C.F.R. Part 106). The regulations govern how school districts respond to and address allegations of sexual harassment under Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. The regulations take effect this Friday, August 14, 2020.
The amended Title IX regulations require significant revisions to school district policies and grievance procedures. For school districts that subscribe to the IASB PRESS policy service, an update was released on August 7, 2020. Please contact us if you have questions regarding the new and updated PRESS policies and administrative procedures issued to implement the amended Title IX regulations. We are happy to discuss any questions you may have about the documents, adoption by your board of education due to the imminent effective date of the regulations, and options for tailoring the policies and procedures for your school district.
To assist school districts with implementing the amended Title IX regulations, we developed our Title IX Sexual Harassment Grievance Procedure Resources. The resource materials are designed to support a school district’s response, investigation, and determination regarding sexual harassment allegations consistent with the requirements set forth in the amended Title IX regulations. Our resources are aligned with and reference the applicable IASB PRESS policies and administrative procedures. Additionally, they can be tailored for your school district.
The following model forms, notices, letters, and decision templates are part of our package of Title IX Resources:
- Title IX Sexual Harassment Reporting Form (optional)
- Title IX Sexual Harassment Formal Complaint Form (optional)
- Notice of Formal Complaint
- Notice of Dismissal of Formal Complaint (or Allegations) + Appeal Rights Notice
- Notice of Informal Resolution Process
- Notice of Interview
- Investigation Report Template
- Notice of Party Question & Answer Process
- Notice of Party/Witness Questions for Response
- Notice of Party/Witness Answers + Limited, Follow-Up Question & Answer Process
- Notice of Party/Witness Limited, Follow-Up Questions for Response
- Notice of Party Excluded Questions
- Written Determination Report Template + Appeal Rights Notice
- Notice of Appeal Filed
- Appeal Written Decision
- Title IX Sexual Harassment Grievance Process Checklist
We are pleased to offer the Title IX Resources package on a flat-fee basis.
In addition, we are offering a range of Title IX training opportunities, including for all District employees, school- and district-level administrators, boards of education, and individuals who will serve in the key roles of Title IX Coordinator, Investigator, and Decision-Makers.
Please contact Jennifer Rosenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org, or any HLERK attorney, to purchase the HLERK Title IX Resources, request training, or with questions.